- Cane Sugar (2 cups - 1 cup = 1/2 pint)
- White cheese 1kg (bialy ser poltlusty)
- Eggs (6)
- Butter (1/2 regular packet)
- Vanilla sugar (1 packet - 40g)
- Vanilla budyn [bu-din] (Polish custard powder) (About 100g)
- Margarine (1/3 regular packet)
- Cocoa powder (1 tablespoon)
- sugar (4 tablespoons)
- Water (4 tablespoons)
What you do
1. Put vanilla sugar, white cheese, butter and cane sugar in a large mixing bowl and use a mixer to mix all the ingredients very well until a thick liquid is attained.
2. Leave for 1 hour for sugar to dissolve.
3. After an hour add vanilla budyn (custard powder) to the mixture and mix well again until the mixture is smooth.
4. Pour mixture into a greased cake dish so it is about 2 inches (3-4cm) thick.
5. Place in preheated oven (about 200 C) for about 40-50 minutes. The top should be lightly browned when it is ready.
6. Take out and leave to cool.
7. Make the chocolate topping by putting the ingredients in a pot over low heat and mix until it is smooth liquid and then pour over the cheesecake.
8. After it has cooled - eat.